FRUITS, VEGGIES & HERBS
There are so many reasons to try food gardening! Here are just a few:
- Eat more veggies: Growing plants is a great way to incorporate more veggies into your diet.
- More variety: We offer dozens of varieties of tomatoes, peppers, and more! Your typical grocery store veggies are grown for maximum yield and looks rather than taste.
- Know What’s In Your Food: Commercially grown foods often use many chemicals to protect their crops from pests. By growing your own food, you know where they come from and can decide how to treat them.
- Protect the Earth: Did you know that agriculture is responsible for 10% of the carbon emissions in the US? By growing your own food, you can reduce transport costs as well as minimize the emissions from machinery, pesticides, and fertilizers.
We offer food crops for all growing seasons:
Spring and Fall:
Broccoli, Collards, Spinach, Lettuce, Onions, Garlic, Potatoes, Cauliflower
Summer Fruits and Veggies:
50+ varieties of tomatoes, 40+ varieties of peppers, cucumbers, eggplants, melons, okra, pumpkins, squash, tomatillos, zucchini
Spice up your meals with fresh herbs! We carry a huge selection of herbs for your sensory pleasure!
- Basil – 7 varieties, including Sweet, Genovese, Thai sweet, Purple, Lemon, Lime, & Lettuce
- Lavender – 3 varieties, including Munstead, Lady & Hidcote
- Mint – 7 varieties, including Peppermint, Spearmint, Chocolate & Lavender
- Oregano – 4 varieties, including Greek & Golden
- Rosemary – 7 varieties
- Sage – 4 varieties
- Thyme – 7 varieties
- & many more!
Fruit Trees and Shrubs:
Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Apples, Pears, Peach, Plums, Cherry
For organic options, try growing fruits, veggies, and herbs from our large selection of seeds!