MULCH, STONE & SOIL
Benefits of Mulch:
Simply put, natural mulch is one of the best ways to increase the survival of your plants. Mulch reduces the amount of water that evaporates from the soil, helping plants survive periods of drought. Mulch naturally breaks down into your soil after time, releasing nutrients and contributing to healthy soil structure. A layer of mulch can also prevent new weeds from germinating, reducing competition for your plants. On top of its contributions to your plants, it also gives your garden a finished and professional look.
How much mulch do I need?
The ideal amount of mulch is around 3 to 4 inches deep. When you are reapplying mulch, you do not need to add an additional 3 to 4 inches if mulch currently exists. Measure the depth of your existing mulch layer and then calculate how much mulch you need. Over-mulching poses its own risks to plants so you should always measure before applying more mulch.
Mulch, Stone, and Soil for Pick-Up
We are happy to help you load up any bagged products into your vehicle. We can also load bulk materials such as mulch, stone, or soil into pickup trucks and trailers. We encourage you to check the weight limitations and size of your truck beds prior to us loading your vehicle. As a general rule, one yard fits comfortably in a 6 foot bed and up to 2 yards fits comfortably inside an 8 foot bed. We cannot load stone into beds smaller than 5 feet to ensure we do not damage your vehicle.
We can load bulk mulch products Monday-Saturday from 8am to 5:30pm and Sundays 9am to 5pm.
Mulch, Soil, and Stone for Delivery
We deliver bulk mulch, topsoil, and stone within 8 miles of Colonial Gardens. This range typically includes Phoenixville, Spring City, Royersford, Pottstown, Limerick, and Malvern. We can schedule the delivery over the phone or in person and take payment then, or on delivery.
- We can deliver bulk products for a delivery fee of $50. If you order multiple types of bulk products (such as mulch and stone), we will have to use two separate trucks and therefore charge two separate delivery fees.
- Please mark your delivery location clearly so that we place your mulch in the correct spot. We cannot drive over grass or curbs. Please note that in some cases, overhead obstructions or other factors may prevent us from dumping bulk products in your marked location.
- We cannot add trees, shrubs, straw, or bagged mulch to your bulk mulch delivery. The only products we can add are Hollytone or Preen.
- Due to the volume of deliveries, we can guarantee a date, but we do not guarantee a time of delivery and we do not have a policy to call ahead. We strive for a contactless delivery experience so all important delivery details should be given at time of order. Please move any vehicles or obstructions to delivery and ensure that pets and children are away from the delivery area. Requests for a call ahead may delay your delivery.
Types of Mulch, Soil, and Stone
These are the typical types of mulch, soils, and stones we carry throughout the year. Please call ahead to ensure we have the product you want in stock.
Please note that Mulch and stone prices are subject to change. Please call 610-948-9755 for the most up to date information.
- ICBIN (I Can’t Believe It’s Not Licorice Root): This is an all-natural bark mulch that has a long lasting dark rich brown color. ICBIN is excellent at holding down on sloped surfaces and is resistant to artillery mold. $42/yard
- Black Dyed Hardwood: A fine textured black mulch with superior color retention. $36/yard
- Double Shredded Hardwood: This mulch is a natural brown color composed of finely ground hardwood. This is our most popular mulch which breaks down nicely to feed plants. $31/yard
Bulk Soils and Stone
- Topsoil Blend: $43/yard
- Leaf Compost: $43/yard
- 2A Modified: $40/ton
- 2B Clean: $40/ton
- Riverstone: $85-$115/ton
- Screenings: $29/ton
Bagged Mulch Options
- Hardwood: Regular and Premium
- Dyed Black: Regular and Premium
- Dyed Red Mulch
- Brown Mulch
- Cedar Mulch
- Pine Bark Nuggets
Bagged Soil Options
- Bagged Soil
- Top Soil
- Premium Top Soil
- Leaf Compost
- Dehydrated Cow Manure
- Bumper Crop Soil Builder
- Peat Moss
- Raised Bed Mix
Potting Soil Options
- Gardener’s Gold Organic Potting Soil
- Stonington Blend
- Glee Potting Mix